Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Of Mangoes and Cats...

Sometimes weird thoughts pop into my head about the future with the Mango.

CG and I share our house with two cats. Of course, from their point of view, it is our presense that is tolerated, and if not for the fact that I give them treats when I make coffee, I would be of little use. But I digress..

As CG and I were watching a movie tonight I looked around our living room and noticed that Sitting in our arm chair was the younger of our two cats. The older cat was splayed across one half of the couch and efforts to move here resulted in much loud and aggravated meowing. As a result, CG is forced to sit in the middle of the couch, with one cheek on each cushion. I know from my own “cat sitting avoidance” experiences that this is not the most comfortable place on our sofa, yet, rather than move the cat, CG would rather sit there and make sure that her cat can also get her space.

Anyway... this got me thinking about what will happen when the Mango gets here. I've had this thought quite often lately. I mean, as it is, the cats have free reign to call what ever they like a cat bed... even if its a Human bed! What will happen to the Mango's crib? Car seat? Changing table? Bassinet? All these seem to me as though they would be highly coveted cat turf.

I don't look forward to the clash of the wills that will ensue.

No comments: