Monday, February 11, 2008

The difference a year makes

Readers of CG's Blog may be familiar with this story. If so, I apologize, but I think its relevant.

One year ago, on my wife's Birthday, we had dinner with My Father in Law and Heather's Step mom.
In the restaurant we were in they gave her her gifts. Included int he gifts, and presented in a nice gift box was a bottle of Folic Acid supplements. The vitamin that women trying to conceive are recommended to take in order to help ensure healthy development. Of course, this was the Step mom's not so subtle way of saying hurry and get the “grandkids cooking already!” She said that too, but I guess the bottle was to be some sort of tangible, daily reminder.

I like telling this story when I'm in a room with a few women. The office I work in is mainly populated by women (Clothing retailer), so I get ample opportunity to tell this one to a receptive audience.
I remember an occasion at work when we were out at lunch for a co-workers going away party and I told that story to a table of about 12 women. The outcry was astounding! People from all around the place turned and looked to see what was causing the ruckus! Thee were ladies covering their mouth in horror, hiding their eyes and roaring in laughter. Then one said that we should give HER (the step mom) calcium supplements for osteoporosis.  Even more of an uproar ensued. I felt like I was caught on an episode of "The View". I thought we were going to get kicked out of the place.

Now here we are one year later and Stepmom gets what she wants, so, maybe her ploy worked?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's probably running around telling all her friends that it was "she" that was responsible for you two FINALLY having a baby hahaha.