Monday, February 4, 2008

Listen up Mango!

For such a music fan as myself, I found myself thinking in the car on the way home from work that I have been doing a rather poor job at introducing Mango to music. Granted, most of the time when I listen to music, I am in the car, or in my home Office (Which I like to call “The Batcave”). I will play some tunes when I am cooking on my own, or doing some work in the house. At these times, mango is usually not around, owing to the fact that the little one is still living in CG's belly.

I've asked CG about whether we should put some headphones on the belly and play Mozart as this is supposed to be good for the development of children. CG studied human development while in university, so she just looked at me and said,

“There is no evidence that works. The head[phones aren't necessary as the Kid will hear, and studies have shown that any music has the same effect."

So, I will try to keep the music playing for Mango whenever I can. I'd like the kid to have an appreciation for Charles Mingus, Jimi Hendrix, Beethoven, and all the stuff that helps keep my brain cells active. At least when the kid is still in the womb I can keep the little Mango safe from the horrors of the likes of Hannah Montana. I know I can't protect the kid forever....

No comments: