Monday, January 21, 2008

Thumb... or Nose?



This is is the latest view of the Mango.

Yes, I know, to anyone else besides the genetic donors, these things are incomprehensible. My Mother-in-law's boyfriend said that baby ultrasounds always remind him of those old 3-D collage pictures that you have to stare at to see the boat, or something like that, come out of. He just doesn't see it.

Of course he's right. And of course i realize that when I take these pictures around to show people they are just humouring me by saying stuff like “awww how cute”. But, part of me still wants to show off the grainy picture. Lets face it, baby ultrasounds are not ideal pictures. They are barely better than the supposed pictures we see of the Loch Ness Monster. Yet, here I am, proudly showing these grainy two tone shots off to anyone that will give me the time.

After we had the ultrasound and got the pictures, CG and I drove 20 minutes out of our way to show them off to my sister. CG REALLY wanted to show them off and my sister was kind of near to the clinic, so over we went with our fresh views of the little mango. Ah well. I guess that all parents go through this.

In the ultrasound above, they Mango had moved an arm close to his/her face. Of course, the nice lady operating the machine said “oh, look at the little babe sucking the thumb”. While I said, "...either that or picking the nose". Its a tough call.

Whaddya think... Thumb or nose?
Can you even see a kid there?

1 comment:

Canuck Girl said...

You wanted to show them off too...admit it!